BETSY ANDERSON AND MICHAEL A. SICKLER, MANAGING EDITORS
See the 30th anniversary interview with Connie Post on ReviewReview at: http://www.thereviewreview.net/interviews/we-are-fierce-o
WELCOME TO OUR 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION. THIS WILL BE AN EYE-POPPING YEAR, CONTINUING WITH THE CHAPBOOK CONTEST, BEGINNING AUGUST 1, 2016, CLOSING NOVEMBER 1, 2016.
The Comstock Writers Group 2016 Chapbook Contest
The Comstock Writer’s Group presents
The Comstock Writers Group Chapbook Contest 2016
Accepting submission from Aug 1st through Oct. 31st, postmark
First Prize: $1,000 plus publication and 50 author’s copies.
Entry Fee: $30/chapbook (includes copy of winning chapbook)
IF SUBMITTING BY MAIL, SEND TO: The Comstock Review Chapbook Contest, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215
IF SUBMITTING or SUBSCRIBING ONLINE, USE THE BUTTON BELOW AND FOLLOW ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
New Guideline: The poet must not have already WON a previous chapbook contest in The Comstock Review.
1. Submissions must be unpublished as a collection, but individual poems may have been previously published in journals.
2. Will consider simultaneous submissions as long as the poet notifies us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
3. Submit 25-34 pages of poetry, single-spaced (1 page=38 lines maximum, including spacing between lines;
poems may run longer than 1 page). Manuscripts either too short or too long will be disqualified.
4. Do not count title page, table of contents, acknowledgments, dedication, or bio in the page length.
5. Do not send illustrations, photos, or any other graphics attached to the poems.
6. Manuscripts should be paginated and secured with a binder clip; no staples or plastic covers.
7. Judging is done without any reference to the poet’s name. All entries are screened by the editors of The Comstock Review.
8. Include 2 cover pages: 1 with mss title, poet’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address; second with mss title only.
Poet’s name should not appear on poems. List acknowledgments on a separate, removable page.
9. Include SASE for results only; mss will not be returned.
SEND TO: The Comstock Review Chapbook Contest, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215
Final Judge for 2016 will be Michael A. Sickler
Winner is notified in December.
Winning chapbooks are saddle-stitched, and available at $12.00 per copy.
For ordering details, email email@example.com.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, SO YOU DON’T MISS A THING! SUBSCRIBERS ARE WHAT KEEP US GOING! SUPPORT NOW. You can use Submittable for ease of subscription. Click “Submit” on the Annual Contest page and do it there. Otherwise, send $20 for a one year subscription (2 issues) to:
4956 St. John Drive,
Syracuse, NY 13215
OUR NEXT OPEN READING BEGINS JAN. 1, 2017 STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS LATER.
WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INFORM ALL OF YOU OF THE DEATH OF ONE OF THE PRINCIPAL FOUNDERS OF THE COMSTOCK REVIEW. JENNIFER MACPHERSON DIED TODAY OF A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF HEART TROUBLE. SHE WILL BE SORELY MISSED BY THE ENTIRE POETIC COMMUNITY.
IF ANY OF YOU WANT ANY OR ALL OF HER CHAPBOOKS, AND ARE WILLING TO INCLUDE MONEY ENOUGH FOR POSTAGE, WE WILL GLADLY SHARE THEM WITH YOU. SEND REQUESTS TO:
PEGGY FLANDERS, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215