BETSY ANDERSON AND MICHAEL A. SICKLER, MANAGING EDITORS
We are currently mailing the Fall/Winter issue, the 2nd in our 30th Anniversary celebration. If you haven’t already ordered one, we suggest you do so. It is terrific, with 2 unpublished poems by Marge Piercy. Send $10 to 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13214 or order online using the button below. (While copies last.)
THE OPEN READING PERIOD IS OPEN JAN. 1ST, 2017 THRU MARCH 31, 2017
THERE IS NO FEE FOR SUBMISSION.
2 page per poem max, well-crafted verse, all welcome. No simultaneous submissions. Poems will be published in vol.1 or 2 in 2017.
IF SUBMITTING BY MAIL, SEND TO: The Comstock Review, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215
IF SUBMITTING, SUBSCRIBING OR PURCHASING AN ISSUE OR CHAPBOOK ONLINE, USE THE BUTTON BELOW AND FOLLOW ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES THEN SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, SO YOU DON’T MISS A THING! SUBSCRIBERS ARE WHAT KEEP US GOING! SUPPORT NOW. You can use Submittable for ease of subscription. Click “Submit” and do it there. Otherwise, send $20 for a one year subscription (2 issues) to:
4956 St. John Drive,
Syracuse, NY 13215
WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE 2016 CHAPBOOK CONTEST!
It is Ted Kooser from Garland, NE for his chapbook, “At Home”
TO ORDER: online: Click SUBMIT button above, then scroll to the bottom of the page. Or do it when you submit to us.
by mail: send a check for $12.00 to the address above.
Here are comments from the judge, Michael Sickler:
“On the first reading I felt my blood pressure settle. On the second reading
I began to notice the details of life’s small omens escape my heart.
On the third I remembered its secrets.”
No-one is more surprised than we, as this has been a completely blind judging.
See Chapbook page for Honorable Mentions and Finalists
Congratulations to everyone for exceptional work!
The 2017 Jessie Bryce Niles Chapbook Contest
Accepting submission from Aug 1st through Oct. 31st, postmark
First Prize: $1,000 plus publication and 50 author’s copies.
Entry Fee: $30/chapbook (includes copy of winning chapbook)
IF SUBMITTING BY MAIL, SEND TO: The Comstock Review Chapbook Contest, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215
New Guideline: The poet must not have already WON a previous chapbook contest in The Comstock Review.
1. Submissions must be unpublished as a collection, but individual poems may have been previously published in journals.
2. Will consider simultaneous submissions as long as the poet notifies us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
3. Submit 25-34 pages of poetry, single-spaced (1 page=38 lines maximum, including spacing between lines;
poems may run longer than 1 page). Manuscripts either too short or too long will be disqualified.
4. Do not count title page, table of contents, acknowledgments, dedication, or bio in the page length.
5. Do not send illustrations, photos, or any other graphics attached to the poems.
6. Manuscripts should be paginated and secured with a binder clip; no staples or plastic covers.
7. Judging is done without any reference to the poet’s name. All entries are screened by the editors of The Comstock Review.
8. Include 2 cover pages: 1 with mss title, poet’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address; second with mss title only.
Poet’s name should not appear on poems. List acknowledgments on a separate, removable page.
9. Include SASE for results only; mss will not be returned.
SEND TO: The Comstock Review Chapbook Contest, 4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215
Final Judge for 2017 is Kathleen Bryce Niles-Overton
Winner is notified in December.
Winning chapbooks are saddle-stitched, and available at $12.00 per copy.
For ordering details, email email@example.com.